At Coastal Ridge Real Estate, we have a passion for our people. Click below to check out our open regional positions, or click here to see our company-wide open positions.
- Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!Position Title: Assistant Property ManagerJob Profile: The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The Assistant Manager will perform any combination of routine calculating, process and post resident rental payments, process and post new lease payments. The Assistant Manager will process late fees, communicate said late fees to residents, and evict residents when necessary.Duties and Responsibilities:Leasing
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Tour community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.)
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Perform follow-up procedures on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the lease documents and contracted credit report summary.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
- Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly delinquencies for bonus purposes.
- Assume Community Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office
- Create/maintain spreadsheets
- Enter new leases, renewals, and lease changes prior to giving to Property Manager
- Send property-wide emails when necessary
- Create monthly work schedule for leasing staff
- Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request.
- Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc.
- Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions.
- Enforce policies of the community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook and community software.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
Benefits: Coastal Ridge Real Estate Partners offers a competitive benefits package including your choice of three health insurance plans, voluntary dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, as well as 401k with 4% company match.Bonus: Eligible based on performance of the site
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years in a leasing or sales based role within property management
Position Status: Hourly non-exempt (Full Time)
Travel Requirements: 0% typical
Reporting Relationship: Property ManagerCompany Description: Coastal Ridge Real Estate Partners (“Coastal Ridge”) is a private real estate investment company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 2013, Coastal Ridge’s growing team of over 350 associates specializes in the acquisition, asset management, and property management of real estate throughout the United States. To date, Coastal Ridge’s owned, joint-venture and third-party management portfolio includes more than $1+ billion in assets across eighteen states in the student, conventional, and active adult multifamily sectors. Our track record has demonstrated the firm’s ability to achieve our investor’s goals by implementing a consistent strategy anchored by steadfast investment rationale and a progressive and systematic operating platform. Coastal Ridge was honored in 2015, 2016, and 2017 as one of Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S., and was also among Columbus Business First’s 50 fastest growing companies in Central Ohio for the past three years.Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!
- Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!Who We Are:Coastal Ridge Real Estate is an entrepreneurial-spirited multifamily real estate investment firm with offices located in Columbus, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio and Malibu, California and apartment communities throughout the United States. Founded in 2013, our growing team of over 400 associates specialize in the acquisition, asset management, and property management of multifamily real estate. To date, Coastal Ridge’s portfolio includes more than $1.6+ billion in assets in the student housing, conventional housing, and active adult multifamily sectors. Our track record has demonstrated the firm’s ability to achieve our investor’s goals. We implement a consistent strategy anchored by steadfast investment rationale and a progressive and systematic operating platform. Coastal Ridge was honored in 2015, 2016, and 2017 as one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. and was also among Columbus Business First’s 50 fastest growing companies in Central Ohio for the past three years.What You’ll Do:As a Community Assistant, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of leasing production at your property and will provide top notch service for the day to day needs of our valued residents.Your Responsibilities:
Who You Are:
- Ensure that both individual and group leasing targets are achieved for the community and proactively communicate both opportunities or threats to the Property Manager.
- Ensure all lead information is entered, accurate and complete within Onesite.
- Ensure that all rental inquiries online, in person, or over the phone are responded to quickly and effectively.
- Ensure all prospects are followed up with through via phone, email or letter within 24 hours.
- Warm call prospects as needed.
- Meet, greet & provide tours to leasing prospects.
- Ensure an in-depth understanding of site leasing trends, traffic patterns and product availability and how that relates to sales and closing process.
- Ensure all models, office and clubhouse areas, common areas and the “tour route” are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance and proactively communicate any problems to the appropriate party.
- Properly close the leasing process by asking for the sale.
- Participate in marketing and outreach efforts.
- Assist with the planning and hosting of resident events.
- Effectively manage the community waitlist and communicate with prospects as changes occur.
- Ensure the proper execution of all screening procedures.
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of the lease agreement and related move-in paperwork.
- Ensure the proper collection of all funds and move-in related fees.
- Provide support and assistance to all customer service efforts at the community.
- Write up and file service requests from residents upon receipt.
- Completes other tasks as directed and assigned.
- A sales ninja. You know what it takes to slay leases and can effectively close the sale. You have a competitive spirit and you are laser focused on meeting or exceeding your leasing goals.
- A customer service guru. You understand how successful customer service is delivered and approach residents, prospects, and vendors with a positive, friendly attitude and take pride in providing top-notch service by building long-term relationships and going above and beyond customer expectations. You personally take responsibility for and quickly rectify mistakes.
- A supportive team player. You work effectively with others and go above and beyond to support the needs of your fellow coworkers. You are reliable and flexible and communicate effectively by communicating issues and challenges, listening, compromising, and seeking feedback.
- A masterful executor. You get things done. You fervently plan to meet deadlines and achieve goals. You manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line.
- A detail oriented individual. You pay attention to the small things that make a big difference. You look at information with a discerning eye to ensure its accuracy. You understand the importance of editing and proofreading your work to ensure it’s done right.
What We Offer:As a Community Assistant, you’ll receive a competitive hourly wage and monthly leasing commissions. This is a part time non-exempt position, reporting to the Property Manager. Little to no travel is expected in this position.Fit this opportunity? Click again to apply!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write English fluently.
- Computer literacy required.
- Previous leasing and/or sales experience strongly preferred. Experience in multifamily housing also preferred.
- Previous experience with property management software such as OneSite or Yieldstar preferred.
- In pursuit of a degree from a local university preferred.